Thursday, May 16, 2013

My Two New Pairs of Jeffrey Campbells

New York City is coming up in less than a month and I have yet to start packing. So this morning, when I woke up, I decided to start putting a few things together. I thought before I start packing, that I should clean out my closet and my drawers. Instead I made a huge mess and ended up not cleaning because I got lazy and tired. So, I put on my cute studded top from H&M, a pair of Zara jeans, my Geox flats and went out for a long walk.

I went into a couple of shoe stores looking for something interesting and fun. Something that would catch my eye. (I need a new pair of shoes for my internship anyway.) At first, I was getting no luck. Everything kind of looked the same, and the few pairs of shoes that I did try on, would not be comfortable enough to last my feet a whole day of walking around New York City.

Finally, I walked into another store and saw a pair of Jeffrey Campbell black and brown loafers. The top was brown and woven, and the sides were black and cut-out, which was a detail that I had been looking to find for awhile. They were quite expensive, so I kept them in mind and kept on my search. I went into the mall and walked into a few more shoe stores. Then I decided to go to Topshop, and there I found some more shoes for cheap that I liked. Unfortunately, my size was gone in every single pair that I was interested in. The shoes were either too big or too small. I took it as a sign and went back to get the Jeffrey Campbell loafers. I tried them on and finally convinced myself that a pair $100 shoes were worth it. "They will last," I told myself.

As I handed the shoe box over to the sales associate, I saw another pair of woven white flats that looked really cute as well. I told him to get me those shoes in a seven so I can try them on. When he came back, I grabbed the box -without really meaning to - and tried them on. "They look so cute with my outfit and would look awesome with the millions of dresses I own." I told myself again. I am pretty sure at that point everyone thought I was crazy because I was talking to myself. But I had to voice it to convince it.

So, yet again, I persuaded myself and I purchased both pairs. I would get more wear out of them and they go with everything in my closet anyways. So, alas, I walked out of the store with two pairs of shoes and underwear from Victoria's Secret - they were having an underwear sale. I ran out of the mall before it took anymore of my money and walked home with my purchases actually quite pleased.

Yes, maybe I should not be buying new items for myself, but I needed shoes for my internship. Can't go to work looking ridiculous and these shoes will not see daylight until NYC ;)




















No comments:

Post a Comment